The real estate market price change map above shows Hilltop Denver home sale statistics and Hilltop Denver real estate trends for April 2011. In this article I will explain what is happening in the Hilltop Denver real estate market.
April 2011 Hilltop Real Estate Market Statistics
- The average days on market (DOM) was 134 days for Hilltop Denver which is the average time it takes a Hilltop home to sell. This is above average for most neighborhoods in Denver but is typical for the higher price range homes.
- There was a negative 14% year-over-year price change for Hilltop Denver.
- $697,000 is the current average price of Hilltop homes for sale as of April 2011.
- 125 Homes sold in Hilltop Denver from April 2010 to April 2011 .
- There are currently 75 active Hilltop homes for sale as of April 2011.
- There are 7.2 months of inventory available in Hilltop Denver. A healthy market has 6 months of inventory or less which means that the Hilltop real estate market is relatively unhealthy as of April 2011.
As you can see in the map above, in the Hilltop real estate market, prices have gone down over the past year. This is also typical for higher price range homes. Homes over $500,000 in the Metro Denver area take longer to sell than less expensive homes. It is taking quite a while to sell a home in Hilltop Denver, Colorado, four to five months from listing to sale.
It’s a great time to be a buyer or seller of Hilltop homes for sale. Interest rates are still near all-time lows and Hilltop is a great established Denver neighborhood with very nice, larger older homes. Hilltop is very conveniently located near downtown Denver.
J. David Lampe