The real estate market price change map above shows home sale statistics and real estate trends for October 2010 for Genesee Colorado. In this article I will explain what is happening in the Genesee real estate market.
October 2010 Genesee Real Estate Market Statistics
- The average days on market (DOM) was 160 days which is the average time it takes a Genesee home to sale. This is higher than many other neighborhoods in Colorado and is typical for the higher price range homes.
- There was a negative 6.3% price change since 2009 for Genesee homes for sale.
- $580,000 is the current average price of Genesee homes for sale as of October 2010.
- 52 Homes sold in Genesee from October 2009 to October 2010 .
- There are currently 49 active Genesee homes for sale as of October 2010.
- There are 12 months of inventory available in Genesee. A healthy market has 6 months of inventory or less which means that the Genesee real estate market is unhealthy as of October 2010. This is also typical for higher price range homes. Homes over $500,000 in the Metro Denver area take longer to sell than less expensive homes.
As you can see in the map above, in the Genesee real estate market, prices have gone down a little over the past year. It is taking quite a while to sell a home in the Genesee Colorado, five to six months from listing to sale.
It’s a great time to be a buyer of Genesee homes for sale. Interest rates are at all-time lows and Genesee is a very nice mountain neighborhood conveniently located in the close-in foothills with two clubhouses with pools and workout facilites. Genesee is conveniently located less than a half hour commute from downtown Denver, Colorado.
J. David Lampe