Homes for sale in Englewood are located in Arapahoe County, is one of the many cities in the Denver Metro Area, a community of 30,000 folks who enjoy gorgeous views of the Rocky Mountain Front Range and the moderate weather in the South Platte River Valley. Just south of central Denver, Englewood residents enjoy the amenities of a big city, but with a distinct, historical small-town flair.
Englewood Begins as Little Dry Creek
- 1858 – established
- 1879 – first telephone
- 1905 – Swedish National Sanitorium
- 1906 – 1907 – streetlights, pavement, police and fire
- 1960 – built-up, stable community
Due to a purchase of Platte Canyon acreage in 1948, McLellan Reservoir provides water independence from Denver. Today, Englewood provides most of the water to the South Metro area, capitalizing on its vast, early-established water rights acquisition.
- Began construction in 1965 on Englewood’s City Park property
- Largest mall west of the Mississippi
- Largest shopping center in the world at its 1968 opening
- Closed in 1998
Following the mall’s closure, the property transitioned to a transit-oriented development, which included:
- A new city hall
- Civic center
- Light rail commuter system completed in 2000
City Parks, Golf and Entertainment Venues
- 14 parks throughout the city, including a children’s farm park
- 6 athletic facilities, including an in-line skate park
- 5 designated dog parks
- Fiddler’s Green Ampitheater
- Inverness Golf Course
- Front Range ski bus
- Elite Helicopter Flightseeing
Englewood is home to two of the largest medical campuses in the U.S.
- Swedish Medical Center, a Level 1 Trauma Center
- Craig Hospital, a top-ten provider for spinal cord and traumatic brain injury rehabilitation
Thanks to Englewood’s great location in Metro Denver, traveling the byways to work or play is easy:
- 20 minutes to downtown
- 12 minutes to the Denver Tech Center
- 31 minutes to DIA
- 20 minutes to the Denver Federal Center
- 60 minutes to Echo Mountain ski resort
In addition, door-to-door services, RTD bus service, and passenger train transit make getting around town and up and down the urban corridor a snap.
For more information about living in this great community, contact us.