Considering selling “by owner”?
Here are some statistics from a recent National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers:
For-sale-by-owner transactions sold on the open market represented 9 percent of all home sales in 2013.
Homes listed with a REALTOR® typically sell for a higher price than for-sale-by-owner transactions.
- Median transaction price for sellers who used an agent: $230,000
- Median transaction price for for-sale-by-owner transactions: $184,000
50% of sellers who successfully sold their home by-owner say they would hire an agent the next time.
Selling a home is more than putting a sign in your front yard and hoping for the best. A professional real estate agent can help you negotiate with prospective buyers and their agents to get you the best offers possible, manage your showings, create contracts and ensure your home is seen be Denver-area agents, local home buyers and people moving to town.
Questions to consider before you sell your home “by owner”:
- Are you certain you can understand and prepare the necessary paperwork such as contracts and required disclosures?
- Are you confident you’ll get the right price for your home? Do you know what a good asking price is in today’s market?
- Do you need professional referrals or advice about how to prepare, stage or fix up your home to put it up for sale?
- How will you get the attention of the most potential buyers?
- By when must your home be sold? Do you have time and resources to sell your home within the allotted length of time?
- Do you have enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale? Can you manage showings, talk with buyers’ agents to answer questions about your home and negotiate the details of the sale?
Selling a home is probably one of the biggest financial transactions you’ll ever take part in. If you had a legal or a tax issue that was worth as much money as your home, wouldn’t you hire an accountant or an attorney to help you? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be wise to work with a professional REALTOR® when you are selling a home.
Call me today at 720.408.7409 for a FREE, no-obligation, evaluation of your home including staging recommendations and a return on investment (ROI) report for recommended repairs and upgrades.
Get Your Home’s Value
*Certain restrictions apply, click here to learn all of the details about my performance guarantee programs.
Web Site Copyright © 2018 J. David Lampe, REALTOR®. All Rights Reserved.
The Principal Team - Metro Brokers
390 Interlocken Crescent #350
Broomfield, CO 80021
REALTOR® -- A registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Inquiries regarding the Code of Ethics should be directed to the board in which a REALTOR® holds membership.
Each Metro Brokers, Inc. office is independently owned and operated.
View our privacy and security policy.